Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Great Brodissimo

Friday was teacher appreciation day at Alex's school. The principal set up a breakfast for the teachers. As room mother, it was my job to find a parent to watch the class for an hour in the morning. I always volunteer myself. I know all the children in her class by name and they all know me. When I told Brodie about it (because I cannot bring Joey), he asked if he could do it. There was a new magic trick he wanted to buy and he loves doing his magic for the kids. So, why not? Mrs. Tomlin approved. Instead of buying one magic trick, he came home with 5. He was very excited.
It went great! When K-B got wind of the magician, they came over too. Also one of the Nuns. He was a hit. For the finale, he made one of our birds appear then let it out the window to fly home. Here's the e-mail I received from Alex's teacher, Mrs. Tomlin:
Hello!Mr. Campbell (Brodie) was the hit of the day! The children (and Sister Rosemary) were amazed! I know he said that he hadn't performed in front of a large audience; however, he was so talked about that he just might get the chance! Again, I just wanted to thank him for today (and KB was also very appreciative). I hope the bird made it home! Also, the idea of releasing some during our May Procession is a lovely idea and one that I think we may take you up on. Have a great weekend. Mrs. TomlinPS: I had big "bragging" rights about having a magician in for my students! : )

I am very proud!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I wish i could do magic tricks but i'm not so good at them. it's fun to have an entertaining spouse I bet. :) he makes me laugh