Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Freedom at Last

Well, it only took 5 years but we finally did it. As most who know us, know that our children sleep in our bed. As much as I didn't want them to go, Brodie and I just were not sleeping well. There was always a head, foot, or hand in our backs and various other places. Joey is a mover and we have been completely uncomfortable for a good 6 months or so now. We were going to attempt the move when Alex started school but I just couldn't do it. My fears get the better of me. I worry myself to death about a fire or a break in in the middle of the night and feel they have a better chance of survival if they are with us. It HAD to be done.

Alex has been willing to move for a while now, as long as Joey came with her. Joey, on the other hand, was not the slightest bit willing. We bought him some Thomas stickers for the wall around his bed back in August. The deal was that if we put the stickers up, he had to sleep in his bed. We got them home and he was not having it. We asked a couple of times over the next month and he wanted no parts. He found the stickers a few days ago and was excited to put them up as well as willing to sleep in his bed. To be fair, we got Alex some stickers for around her bed too.
This is Joey, excited about sleeping in his bed with Thomas. Alex was not as excited but willing

I must say it went much easier than I ever expected. We read a story like we do every night, turned on the sound machine and turned out the light. I heard not another peep all night long. No one got out of their bed, much to my surprise. I thought Alex would be fine but would not have been surprised if she showed up in our bed but I really expected to see Joey in the middle of the night. How did I sleep you ask? TERRIBLE! I woke up what seemed like every 10 minutes. I kept hearing things like someone was in our house. I kept looking to see a kid walk in our room. It's gonna take some time but I'll get used to it.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I know we had a talk about this the other day...I'm glad that they stayed in there. I rarely have Kira in my bed...only when she's sick because otherwise she won't sleep. I was always afraid kenny would roll over on her and smush her. :)
Cute stickers...I need to make Kira's room more fun.