Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Heaven Was Needing a Hero

The first time I heard this song, I new Jodee Messina was talking about my Momma. At least in the eyes of many that knew her, especially her children. My Momma was always my hero, right up until the day she died as well as after. I could always count on her when I needed rescuing.

When I had my first car accident, she was at the hospital when I arrived and she was an hour away. She held my hand when I had to go to court for it. When my grandfather died, she had me booked on a plane to come home the next day from FL before she even told me he passed. When my car insurance dropped me, my Momma brought me the $1500 that I needed for down payment right away. When I was too nervous to tell her I was pregnant, she told me.

I can remember specific instances from when I was young too. One time, she made me a potato stamp for school and I didn't like so I left it home. When I got to school I realized it was perfect. I also remember my Momma running in the highest heels I had ever seen carrying my brother when he was like 2 or 3.

Her disease was one of the scariest things I've ever had to face, yet she was a trooper. She faced every day with strength and hope. She was a fighter all the way to the end. I guess "Heaven Was Needing a Hero". She was and alwas will be my hero.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I cried when I heard this song... I'm sorry that your mom died. I'm sorry I've been a crappy friend. There is so much we need to catch up on. I miss you my sister. I'm sad that I've let you down. There's a lot to say, but of course not on your blog.
Your mom was an amazing woman. She treated me like family. I can't imagine how much you miss her.