Monday, January 5, 2009

A Tribute to Momma

My Momma died of ALS a year ago today. Her death was a horrible one. Especially her last days. ALS is disease I would not wish upon anyone. However, these are not the images or thoughts I wanted to reflect on today. Instead, I want to remember her life and the happiness she portrayed upon all that surrounded her. May she know the love she has given will never be surpassed nor forgotten as well as her memory. Missing you...
This is one of my favorite photos of my Momma
This is one of the funniest. She's trying to give my brother-in-law the finger. It was hysterical!
Alex's first B-day party
Momma and her Honey
Momma loved to go to concerts. Here she is with my sister at a Tim McGraw concert.

She also loved playing with the kids:
Here, she's giving Camryn and Evin a horsey ride.
Here, she's exercising with Alex. This was from the last Birthday she celebrated. She turned 48. We celebrated her husband, Mike and her birthday together. Longwood Gardens
One Hot MOMMA! Her wedding day
Momma and her grandbabies
Momma and her children My wedding. She walked me down the aisle. This is a photo from the cruise
At the time, Momma didn't need the wheelchair all the time but she did need some form of assistance like a walker. We spent quite a few hours in the parks at Disney so she needed the wheelchair. Here, she's taking a break from riding. My momma cracked up when Mike decided to let her push for a while.
My Momma loved Tigger

This is a video of Momma being showered with the money raised from her beef and beer fundraiser

No comments: