Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Saying Goodbye to Summer

One of our favorite things to do as a family is go to the boardwalk. The children love the rides and we love watching them. It's also my favorite place to eat pizza in Cape May county. Not to mention, it's not a bad way to get in a little exercise. This picture is of us in the "Big Chair". We always say we'd get this picture at the end of the season when it's cheaper. This year we finally did and it only cost $5. I'm a little dissapointed that my husband chose a beer but I felt what better way to hide a fat girl belly than a big fat cheeseburger. The children were excited about the ice creams, however, Joey would not stop licking his. DISGUSTING!

So my big girl will be 5 in November. While Joey doesn't like any of the rides that go remotely fast or spin, Alex is so bored of the kiddie rides. She loves the roller coasters. There are 2 on the boardwalk that she's allowed to go on with daddy. Totally frustrated with her size, she pouted a little when we made her go on a kiddie ride with Joey and it was one of the more fun ones. To make a long story short, Alex is only about 1/2 an inch too short for the log flume. Brodie talked the attendant into letting her on with him. I wasn't there so I didn't see but Alex was quoted saying, "that was awesome!" Although, I wish I was there to see and gotten a picture, I am very glad that she got to end her summer with something as exciting as the log flume. I used to love all those big scary roller coasters too, but not anymore. So I'll be just fine with Joey wanting to ride the easier rides for a while and Alex and Daddy can be the thrill seekers of the family. Goodbye Summer :(

Also I wanted people to know my best friend Stephanie did a really nice blog about me for my birthday. There are some old pictures of me on there. To see it, click on this link. http://kennyandstephaniehart.blogspot.com/2008/09/chance-made-us-friends-hearts-made-us.html. She's really good at this blogging stuff. If you ever want to check out her page again, there is link to it on the left. Click on stephaniehart under My Friends.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

haha...love the cheeseburger!! i would have picked that one too unless they had a huge snickers bar. ha! kenny would have picked the beer too.... that's a cute picture. so fun.
let's see...oh about the blogs...i'll email you about them.