Thursday, September 11, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me

So it's my birthday. It's hard to believe that I'm actually 32 years old considering I don't feel a day over 24. Except when my knees hurt or I just don't move like I used to. Never thought I'd have so many routine ailments at 32. As well as I feel it is extremely odd that Brodie's 18 year old niece refers to him as an old man and Brodie's 10 year old Goddaughter (and honorary member of our family who is pictured below), Laura says wow when she hears 32 as a response to her question "how old are you". You know your older when the kids driving today don't look a day over 12... When did 12 year olds start driving anyway? When you are young hoping to be older you feel this time will never come and somehow it has managed to sneak up on me. I do, however, feel that I will never feel my age and hope to always have the mindset and agility of that of the youth. Although, I do find it hard to keep up with the times. Especially music when all that seems to be playing in my car is "kidstuff". I find myself forgetting to change it even when they are not with me.

My birthday does bring some gloom sometimes. I tend to be extra sensitive for some reason so it is not hard to make me cry and it's not always for a good reason. And then there was that 9/11 problem that used to really bring me down. This year, although I thought of 9/11, it did not bring me down. It was more of a remembrance of those lost not as much of the horrible things that happened. And I only cried once, briefly. No biggie.

So, as a tradition, ever since Alex's 2nd Birthday, we have taken the kids to Chuck E Cheese for their actual birthday separate from a birthday party. This year, we decided to do it for mine & Brod's Birthdays too. It's fun for us just to watch them.




Brodie and Alex riding the virtual roller coaster.
Joey and Laura riding the kiddie coaster.Laura teaching Joey to skee ball.

This is a random kid that Alex made friends with. She did not win BTW but they played a much better game than I expected.

When we got home, I opened my presents. I got a Webkinz, which is actually Alex & Joey's but they share better when it belongs to me. I got a trash can. This is because our current trash can only holds half a bag of trash, therefore it spends a day or two on the floor until it is filled. -Brodie hates it! Last, I got an embossing heat tool and accessories. I love it! Brodie did an awesome job picking it out and I can't wait to try it out tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes. All in all, it was a good day.


No comments: