Saturday, September 27, 2008

ALS Walk to Defeat ALS

This years walk cotributions were very dissapointing to me. I was dissapointed in myself for starting late and having to adjust my goal downward because I was not even close to what I hoped for. I was dissapointed in my friends and family for not supporting me like they have in the past. With that said, A big hooray and thank you to those of you who donated to me. You were very generous. Hence me reaching my secondary goal. I was dissapointed in the amount of people who raised money. I was dissapointed in the couple of people who signed up who were no shows and raised a big fat $0 (I'm not talking to you Tiffany=)). Overall, I was happy with the people who attended the walk. The weather called for rain and thunder showers but we chanced it and managed not to get rained on. Here are my photos:
Our Walk team after the walk minus Aunt Lisa who had to rush home for a niece's bridal shower. Hope it was fun Aunt Lisa. You were with us in spirit.
My boy getting a ride. I don't think he walked at all. Except for the few kamikazes off while we were still moving.
These are the names of all the people we were walking for. Momma's name is on there.
My Punkin, Steffie, and Laura holding our team sign. =)
Me & My Siblings

I will definately try harder next year. I know I just have to buckle down and do it. The hardest part was reliving my story and now that's done, I won't have to do it again next year. I know my Momma would still be proud. Of me and the rest of us at the walk. She was with us in memory and spirit. Although we miss her, we must fight on so others do not suffer the way that she and my family has. If anyone is still interested in donating, it's not too late. Here's the link to my walk page just in case http://community.alsphiladelphia.org/NetCommunity/Page.aspx?pid=466&frsid=1421. They will continue to accept donations until 1/31/09.

No comments: