Sunday, March 29, 2009

A Day at the Philadelphia Zoo

I had never been to the Philadelphia Zoo (that I can recall) and Brodie had been and didn't want to go again. I knew that I could convince him to go again but cost was always a good reason for us not to go. Tom & Diane got a family membership that allowed us to get in free with them. So he had no good reason not to go anymore. We went up for the day at the beginning of March. It was nice. The zoo is pretty big. I felt like I never knew where I was. The zoo has a hot air ballon that is always anchored to the ground but takes people up pretty far. It was kinda costly and my Little Man would've been scared to death so we didn't do it. Overall, it was a fun day. Tom & Diane fed us lunch. We had a great time. Thanks Tom & Diane!Here's Joey, Brianne, & Alex at the elephant statue

I was disappointed because this photo didn't turn out but this is funny. My kids are very active as far as running, jumping, climbing. They are even borderline crazy at times. Diane once said something on the lines of Brianne does things a little more edgey after she been hanging with our kids. This is a prime example. This was the cutest thing ever. I was glad that I was able to catch it. When the Orangatang noticed the dog, he came right over to see him.
This was just neat.
There was a train that went in a circle. Of course, Joey HAD to ride it.
There was a litlle petting zoo. Joey had no desire to go inside. The girls were cute brushing the goat.
The four kids. It was difficult to get them all to look and smile at the same time.
I love this photo of Brianne looking at the ducks!
... and the cutest baby in the world...

After the zoo, we went to dinner at Friendly's. Brodie talked Alex into saying it was her birthday. It's not like you get anything free, they just sing to you. She was not ashamed at all.

No comments: